Chief Executive Officer
After graduating from University some 30 years ago with a Bachelor of Jurisprudence from Monash University, Spiro entered the Financial Services industry. Whilst working as an Adviser with Legal and General UK Financial Services and later moving to Aetna - a US health care benefit company, Spiro obtained a Diploma from the Australian Insurance Institute. In 1984 however Spiro interrupted his advisory career to pursue three years of corporate management experience with Aetna, where he performed a number of regional and state management roles.
In 1987, Spiro decided to resume his advisory career, going into business with brother Terry Paule. With a desire to provide an ‘Index of Financial Services’ and to help clients achieve their goals more efficiently by procuring all their service needs in one place, Financial Index was born.
Today, Spiro is the Chief Executive Officer of the newly formed Findex Group and also sits on its board in a Managing Director role.
As CEO, Spiro oversees operations as follows:
- The planning, directing, coordinating and controlling of the Findex Group’s daily operations
- Coordinating preparation of all Findex Group budgets for Board approval
- Monitoring revenue and expenditure relative to the approved budget
- Overseeing the development of standards and procedures to be implemented by the group
- Providing all Directors with a monthly financial report and detailed quarterly management accounts and summary
- Overseeing the further development of the YGM system for future enhancement of the Group’s business model
- Observing all actions necessary to deliver the Findex Group core ideology and key behaviours
In addition to his roles as CEO and Managing Director, Spiro finds time to continue with some of his client advising duties as well as partaking as a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management (FAIM)
Chief Operations Officer
Following the completion of a Science degree majoring in Applied Math and Statistics at Monash University, Tony entered the financial services industry in 1992 as part of a business traineeship with Financial Index. He has operated as a fully licensed Financial Adviser since 1999, and has headed various national committees including the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Education Task Force and Chairman of DFP 3 and 7 (Fundamental and Advanced Investment Planning).
After gaining his initial Financial Planning qualifications, Tony went on to complete a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). He also served as a senior lecturer for The Securities Institute and FPA.
As Financial Index Wealth Accountants Chief Operations Officer and Company Director, Tony plays an integral role in implementing FIWA’s growth strategy. Subject to the immediate direction of the CEO, his responsibilities include:
- The general management of FIWA’s operations affairs in accordance with all Business Plans developed or approved by the Board.
- Liaising with and directing staff to achieve the established business and operational goals.
- Executing the responsibilities of a Company Director according to lawful and ethical standards set by the Findex Group Board.
Tony places a high importance on building and maintaining enduring relationships with his staff and clients. He believes that a consistent, value added service is essential to this process.
Chief Adviser Services
Beginning his Financial Services career as a Principal of the Associated Planners Group, Michael developed a passion for building enduring client and business relationships. Placing a value on education, Michael holds a Diploma of Financial Planning and has a Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
As one of Findex’s early acquisitions, Michael has been responsible for building a strong and dynamic adviser force for the business. As Findex’s Chief of Adviser Services, his responsibilities include:
- Managing the group’s advisory force, spanning across a suite of service offerings (financial planning, risk, lending and corporate benefits).
- Assisting advisers in the management of their client relationships and service offering.
- Continually develop new concepts and enhanced products for advisers to offer clients.
With over 25 years industry experience, Michael specialises in all aspects of financial planning for individual and business clients and holds an Executive Director role on Findex's Board.
Chief Financial Officer
Matt joined Financial Index in January 2008 as Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the financial management of the business. He is also heavily involved in FIWA's merger and acquisition practices.
Prior to joining Financial Index, Matt worked with Macquarie Private Wealth as a specialist project manager focusing on acquisition and new business opportunities. Preceding that, Matt spent 7 years with ING Australia, initially in its group finance area before moving on to specialise in the financial advisory field as Finance Manager for ING Advice, working with the RetireInvest, Tandem and Millennium 3 financial planning groups.
Matt holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Macquarie University in Sydney and is also a Chartered Accountant. He is also a qualified 'Black Belt' in Six Sigma, a process improvement and quality management methodology used by many leading companies worldwide.
Outside of work, Matt's hobbies include sports, especially rugby and cricket, and he and his wife are also keen travellers.
Chief Information Officer
Starting his career in Production Planning and Logistics for a national glass supplier, Nick was quick to demonstrate a unique ability for re-engineering processes. He also began designing solutions for production inefficiencies resulting in significant improvements to quality control and turnaround times. This positioned Nick well to join Financial Index in 1994 as a consultant to map and re-engineer the existing processes and build some efficiencies in the operational model of the organisation.
Nick was integral to the development of the current YGM system, which has enabled FIWA to achieve the highest international quality service standard, ISO 9001:20080. Nick attributes much of the YGM system’s success to the vision and commitment that the FIWA management team continues to have for innovation and also to the culture of the staff throughout the organisation.
In his capacity as the company CIO, Nick has been instrumental in continuing to develop the cutting edge technology to service the ambitions of the Findex Group, which have helped the business to stay at the forefront of innovation and leading-edge technology. His responsibilities include:
- Directing the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations
- Acting as an advocate for the organisation’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications
- Approve, prioritise, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations
Nick believes that “when technology and people are properly managed, they become a vital investment to a business, not an expense.”
Chief Investment Officer
Kieran joined Centric Wealth in 2003 in the role of Head of Lending, before joining the Findex Group Management Team as a result of its 2014 acquisition. Kieran is now Chief Investment Officer for the Findex Group.
Kieran began working in the financial services industry in 1992 as a Financial Adviser for premier clients of The Standard Bank, one of South Africa's top four banks. By 1997 he was heading up special projects within Standard Bank, centred around mortgage securities, products and risk mitigation for the then emerging low cost housing mortgage markets.
In 1997 Kieran immigrated to Australia after been tasked with starting up a new venture for an international manufacturing, import and redistribution company based in Sweden, Poseidon AB. Kieran took this company from start up through to eventual successful trade sale in 2002.
Following the sale of his previous venture, Kieran moved back into the Financial Services industry in the field of mortgage origination. He setup and managed a small boutique mortgage company before selling the business to Centric Wealth in late 2003.
Kieran’s other responsibilities include:
Kieran’s studies include a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Financial Management, Diploma in Lending, and various industry qualifications including RG 146 and AFMA Responsible Manager Qualifications. Kieran is also a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Vice Chair and convener of AIC and PCC
- Responsible Manger of the Group Funds Management business and Responsible Entity
- Senior management and administration roles in community based volunteer and not for profit organisation