Currently on an overseas posting?
You may have just arrived on your overseas posting or have been overseas for several years. Like the majority of Australian expatriates your employer is probably offering you:
- A significantly increased remunderation package
- A housing subsidy while abroad
- Relocation expenses
- Schooling arrangements for your children
- Tax equalisation
Are they offering you wealth advice?
Many expatriates depart Australia without seeking the type of quality wealth advice that can make a substantial different to both taxes paid and the long-term wealth accumulated.
Have you considered:
- Residency and non-residency tax criteria
- Deemed capital gains tax disposal and acquisition rules
- Superannuation trustee status and non compliance
- Six year capital gains tax rule for your main residence
- Investment connection with Australia, foreign investment fund legislation and tax penalties
- Investment gearing and tax deductability
- Franked, unfranked dividend and foreign dividend treatment
- Bonus entitlements and employee share schemes tax
- Risk (personal insurance) qualification while abroad
- Tax treatment of Australian based non-connected investments, such are shares
- Investment objectives and target wealth - for five years, 10 yeats and beyond
- Asset allocation while abroad - what is your risk profile?
- Effective geared portfolio
There are key issues that affect expatriates. If you are not comfortable in your understanding of them, please email or call us today.
If you would like to discuss or find out more about Centric Wealth's Expatriate Services please contact one of our Advisers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Advice, Management and Guidance
Cash flow and tax planning
Estate Planning and Generational Change
Asset Protection and Trusts
Our Wealth Advisers